Spittin' Cherry Pits


I spit my cherry pits out on park avenue
thus paying homage to the salty tears of my ancestors

i don't apologize for being queenly and deserving
it is never to late to accept truth
nor too dark to embrace light

i spit my cherry pits out on park avenue
swaying my hips as brown bombs fall from my lips
the vibe of privilege stirs the earth and sky
the noblest of my ancestors painted vivid depictions
of past life using their precious crimson blood

i spit my cherry pits out on park avenue
strutting long legged as the wind blows through my hair
and the sun praises my skin

i take inventory
our mouths, our eyes, our noses, our lips.
our hearts, our minds, our souls, our brains.
our arms, our breasts, our legs, our backs.
our wombs, our history, our lineage, your cruelty.

my money, my land, my education, my help.
my trust fund, my will, my stock market, my cars.
my mule, my future, my brick, my mortar, your bad.

i spit my cherry pits out on park avenue
....because it's mine and i can.

No comments: